Our top tips
- Always Speak to a grown up before using the internet who can advise you on what to do.
- Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
- Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself.
- Never give out your passwords.
- Don’t befriend people you don’t know and beware of strangers bearing gifts that seem too good to be true.
- Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do.
- Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are.
- Think carefully about what you say before you post something online, once written and posted online you can't delete it.
- Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude. If you wouldn't do it face to face - don't do it online.
- If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer and tell a trusted adult immediately.
- You can also call ‘Childline’ on: 08001111 to talk to someone who can help.