From September 2013, Leigh Primary School took responsibility for all in-year applications for a school place. If your child is currently out of school or you want them to transfer from their current school to Leigh Primary School, please come to the office and request an application form from Mrs Hamblin so that your child can be added to our waiting list. Alternatively, you can download an 'Application Form' and 'In-Year Cover Letter' below.
Our admissions policy outlines in detail how to apply for a place and this is in line with the Local Authority guidelines. You can view or download it below.
The school can admit 30 children in any class. Places are allocated according to the authority published criteria.
The criteria are as follows:
1. Looked After Children and children who have been previously looked after.
2. Children of staff at the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
3. Children who at the time of the application have a sibling attending the academy.
4. Children of staff in the school - Where there is no demonstrable skill shortage
5. Distance measurement: a straight line measurement distance from school to home.
The arrangements for children who transfer from another school to Leigh Primary are as follows:
1. Once the decision to transfer to Leigh Primary has been made, a start date for your child(ren) will be established. Details of the previous school will be taken so that records can be passed on.
2. To assist with your son’s/daughter’s transfer, parents and children will have the opportunity to view the school and meet their new teacher. Appointments will be made by the office.
If you would like to seek more advice please feel free to come and talk to our Office Manager, Mrs J Hamblin, or alternatively you may wish to contact the Admissions and Appeals Department at Birmingham City Council (telephone number: 0121 303 1888).
For 2021 Secondary School Places: please follow the link which will direct you to Admissions & Appeals. You will then need to apply online for the school of your choice. When the dates are released we will update the this page with the timetable.
Leigh School work in partnership with parents who find the process of applying for school places difficult. We will be offering 'parent workshops' during Autumn term 2020. A group call text will also be sent to remind parents of these dates.
For 2021 Reception School Places: please follow the link which will direct you to Admissions & Appeals. You will then need to apply online for the school of your choice. When dates are released we will update this page with the timetable.
Leigh Primary School works in partnership with parents who find the process of applying for school places difficult. Due to this we will be offering 'parent workshops' during Autumn term 2020.